HARRY W. NICE MEMORIAL BRIDGE REPLACEMENT PROJECT
Location: Newburg, Maryland, USA
Client: Foundation Test Group Inc.
Consultants: Schnabel Engineering
Duration: February 2020 – Ongoing
The Governor Harry W. Nice Memorial Bridge, also publicized as Potomac river bridge, is a continuous truss bridge with an approximate total length of 10,050 ft from VA shore abutment to MD shore abutment.
The bridge has 59 lower approach bents spaced at 61.5 ft and 19 raised span and piers spaced from 116 to 800 ft. Its bent/pier foundations consist of reinforced concrete piles and steel H-piles driven up to lengths of 115 ft.
Rite Geosystems Inc., our USA Company was entrusted by Foundation Test Group to provide instrumentation and monitoring for the bridge, during pre-construction baseline monitoring and during construction.
Scope of works include:
1. Supply of geotechnical instruments
2. Automatic monitoring with compact dataloggers
3. Automatic survey with robotic total stations
4. Online web-based data management system (WDMS) with pre-set alarms
5. Auto-generated daily, weekly and monthly reports